In order to get the most from Sophie, we’ll conduct an interview to answer the following questions. This helps us align on your goals, prepare for the installation process, and understand some of the details about your business that aren’t obvious from reading the logs.
IT STARTS AND ENDS WITH YOUR PEOPLE
- Who is responsible for log monitoring in your organization?
- Do you have resources available to assist with systems access and configuration?
- What are the most painful aspects of monitoring your systems?
- Can you provide a sample set of incidents from your ITSM systems?
SYSTEM SPECIFICS HELP US UNDERSTAND SOME OF OUR OPTIONS FOR SETUP
- Do you currently monitor logs? If so, how?
- Have your existing tools met your needs? If not, what are you looking for?
- How much data do you estimate you monitor per day, across the enterprise?
For your Loom deployment:
- What applications and services do you hope to monitor? (for example: OS logs, VMs, web servers, network devices, etc)
- Which time zones are represented in your data?
- What are your general needs for raw data retention, for search and drill down?
- Who as Subject Matter Experts can be available to interact with Loom for a few minutes per a day?
- If you have not already done so, please gather the following documentation to share with us:
1. a recent export of 1-3 months of your ITSM tickets
2. high-level network and software architecture diagrams (nothing sensitive needed here)
3. small samples of your log files and data catalog for any proprietary log sources
- Will a SaaS or an on-premise installation be required?
- For on-premise installations, will secure remote access be provided for Loom administration and support?
YOUR CRITERIA FOR SUCCESS
- What are your top three objectives for Loom to fulfill?
- How will you measure success for each of the objectives?
- Who will make the final decision on whether to buy Loom?
- What will be needed from Loom to complete your vendor onboarding process?
- Do you have additional questions? Please prepare a list to share with us during your Scoping Interview.