Note: this Data Input is only available in versions 3.1.0-b14 and later
To have Sophie subscribe to events from an Event Hub, first create a
Consumer Group :
- Log in to Azure Portal
- Navigate to the Event Hubs management screen
- Select the relevant Event Hub
- Click on
+ Consumer groupand complete the form
Note: do not use this Consumer Group with other applications
Next, create a
SAS Policy :
- Click on ‘Shared access policies’ under Settings
- Add a new policy with “Listen” policy selected
- Take note of the key, you’ll use it later
The only additional details that are needed are the Event Hub Namespace and the instance name.
Open the Sophie web app, go to Settings, "Add & Manage Data", then "Data Inputs".
+ Plug a new data input button, and select "Azure Event Hubs":
Complete the form and save it. That's it!
Note: a Data Input only reads from a single Event Hub. To read from more than one Event-Hub, create multiple Data Inputs